We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Wordle fans have another puzzle to sink their teeth into, and while it’s not the hardest brain teaser of the month, it’s tricky enough to cause fans one or two problems. Fortunately, Express Online is here to help, courtesy of some spoiler-free hints for Wordle 474 on October 6. Just head to the bottom of the page for the latest hints, and remember to check back tomorrow for the next set of clues.
The game that spawned a thousand clones, the aim of Wordle is to figure out a five letter word in just six guesses, which is a tough task, especially when you’re dealing with an obscure word.
To solve the puzzle, you’ll need to pay close attention to the colour of the tiles. If the tile turns grey, then the letter you’ve guessed doesn’t appear in the final word. If it turns yellow, then the letter appears in the word, just not in that position. A green tile means the letter is in the word and in the correct place.
An addictive game with a huge following, Wordle has spawned dozens of clones, including a Lord of the Rings themed version, a musical variant called Heardle, and a hardcore version called Quordle.
If you’re not great with words, then you might prefer something like daily maths-based puzzle Nerdle, where the aim is to figure out a mystery equation.
Anyway, if you’re here for Wordle 474 hints, check out the latest clues for the October 6 puzzle below…
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess. If you really want to become a Wordle master, these are four of the best starting words to use.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 474 hints and clues for October 6…
1. Wordle 474 starts with the letter S.
2. Wordle 474 contains one vowel.
3. A notoriously slow and “lazy” animal.
See today’s front and back pages, download the newspaper, order back issues and use the historic Daily Express newspaper archive.